Manager Transfer Center
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Manager Transfer Center Job in Tyler
The Transfer Center Manager is responsible for managing the operations and performance of the CHRISTUS Transfer Center serving all incoming hospital admissions to CHRISTUS hospitals. This includes accountability for processes, decision support information, and initiatives to ensure transfers are facilitated as quickly as possible while maintaining accurate placement within the receiving facility. This position is responsible for providing ongoing managerial and motivational leadership, in line with the organization's values and goals, to assure the consistent delivery of high-quality services by a highly qualified, trained and committed staff.
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical plans related to the development and quality improvement of the CHRISTUS Transfer Center
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators
- Staff management: recruits, trains, motivates, evaluates and retains a staff of highly skilled professionals
- Provides educational leadership to Transfer Center associates to enhance specialized patient care during the transfer center process
- Collaborates with associates, and unit management in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
- Initiates skills development programs within the parameters of established care models; monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Participates in Quality Assurance and improvements of transfer process’ and documentation, developing appropriate follow up plans
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s of Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple healthcare information system applications preferred
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with a positive attitude toward all professional contacts.
- Able to manage situations related to family, patients of varied ages and needs, physicians and other hospital departments.
- Proficient in use of computers.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in clinical practice is required.
- 2 years emergency department/critical care experience preferred.
- Current RN License