Manager Transfer Center Job in Alexandria
The Transfer Center Manager is responsible for managing the operations and performance of the CHRISTUS Transfer Center serving all incoming hospital admissions to CHRISTUS hospitals. This includes accountability for processes, decision support information, and initiatives to ensure transfers are facilitated as quickly as possible while maintaining accurate placement within the receiving facility. This position is responsible for providing ongoing managerial and motivational leadership, in line with the organizations values and goals, to assure the consistent delivery of high-quality services by a highly qualified, trained and committed staff.
- Bachelor’s of Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple healthcare information system applications preferred
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with a positive attitude toward all professional contacts.
- Able to manage situations related to family, patients of varied ages and needs, physicians and other hospital departments.
- Proficient in use of computers.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in clinical practice is required.
- 2 years emergency department/critical care experience preferred.
- Current RN License