Apply Now Manager Systems Support Job in Irving
This position is responsible for providing direction, standardization and focus on ambulatory and/or acute care applications for physician services and clinical quality& safety. The incumbent will work collaboratively with respective regional and system leadership/management to identify and implement best practices solutions and share knowledge to enhance the service and technical quality as well as overall outcomes. The position is responsible for managing the advancement and maintenance of the functionality and operational efficiency of the use of assigned applications. This includes advising & assisting regional/system leadership in the operation of their systems; collaborating with regional/system leadership and management to enhance their work methodologies and tools; and maintaining a customer-centric application knowledge and focus when contributing to the analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and implementation activities of the assigned software. The incumbent must possess sufficient detailed expertise to implement/maintain/advance/manage multiple applications. They are responsible for leadership responsibilities, which may include managing/mentoring/supervising staff, assisting the Director, assisting the project manager, or assuming the project manager role with appropriate support and guidance when necessary. Additional responsibilities include supporting the business goals and objectives for the Department, and the organization as a whole.
- Provides focus and direction to process improvement of applications.
- Establishes standards and processes to ensure continuous improvement of applications.
- Communicates effectively with management to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Oversight of applications, materials, and job aids.
- Lead application testing, support, design, and build.
- Oversight of frontline support to address system functionality questions and issues.
- Identify issues and concerns. Develop and execute plan for solving problems, communicating plan to Project Manager, Resource Manager, or Director including pros and cons. Develops a detailed plan for implementing the optimal solution to the problem, which considers the needs of the customer and the business.
- Translate customer requests into appropriate applications specifications. Understand and appreciate customers’ clinical and business functions. Provide guidance to application support teams.
- Produce required department reporting associated with projects and problems assigned. Documentation includes current status and problem documentation summary within the problem management system.
- Participate in multiple projects. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan. Independently manages time and tasks related to multiple projects; escalating to project manager and /or resource manager with recommendations for issue resolution.
- Maintain and demonstrate excellent teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance. Serves as a role model/mentor for application support team. Works closely with management/coworkers in the development of a strong, cohesive project team.
- Become a super user of applications with the ability to troubleshoot software
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of application dictionaries or computer software tables as assigned to maintain the application.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of supported application versions and resources.
- Maintain log and/or list of required software maintenance
- Oversee access to all Associates upon receipt of appropriate authorization
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- Ensure Application users are terminated as appropriate
- Keeps team well informed of changes when necessary
- Effectively communicates relevant software related information to superiors
- Resolves and or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Serves as main point of contact on all software maintenance matters
- Keeps track of trends and shares with team members
- Manages day-to-day operations/implementation/maintenance/support of applications.
- Follows CHRISTUS guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI) in regards to application security.
- Stays abreast of current healthcare trends and makes recommendations for technology and process improvements.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS policies & procedures relevant to supported applications.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS’ cultural diversity objectives.
- For ambulatory applications, support and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Hospital experience preferred but not required
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required
- CPCS or CPMSM certified preferred but not required
- Experience/knowledge in FPPE/OPPE Preferred