CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Medical Center
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager Security Job in San Antonio
Uniformed position responsible for planning, implementing, administering, supervising, and assuming responsibility for the Security Department activities to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and employees on hospital property. May be responsible for multiple CHRISTUS Health locations. The Security Manager must have flexibility in hours and be able to rotate between facilities including travel whenever necessary.
- Supervises the activities of the employees of the Security Department and demonstrates professionalism.
- Reports to the Director, Security Operations on a weekly basis with a professional working relationship.
- Prepares work schedule and schedules time off in accordance with departmental and CHRISTUS policy; assures appropriate work coverage.
- Reviews time sheets for accuracy and turns in to payroll on a timely basis. Verifies time sheets, justifies overtime, and approves time sheets.
- Conducts Associate performance reviews in accordance with CHRISTUS Health policies and procedures in a timely manner ensuring fairness.
- Counsels Associates and recommends disciplinary action if need arises.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for employment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conducts departmental staff meetings and offers on the job training on a continual basis to officers/staff.
- Tracks Associate performance in areas of patrol/enforcement/report writing, customer service functions, and directs improvement as needed.
- Prepares, implements, and adheres to the department budget.
- Works with Director, Security Operations to accurately complete the departmental budget within specified time frame for capital equipment, supplies/other expenses, and staffing.
- Monitors approved departmental budget and hours.
- Performs follow-up investigations on all incidents pertaining tolocation security. Reports any safety and fire hazards to the appropriate department. Plans undercover internal investigations as need arise.
- Conducts follow up investigations on variance reports concerning losses, accidents, injuries, and requests by Quality Assurance, Risk Management, Administration, and Human Resources.
- Conducts inspections of various departments along with a member of the Safety Committee to expose any safety or fire hazard.
- Conducts new Associate orientation.
- Performs miscellaneous duties.
- Procures supplies, equipment, and maintenance or replacement of equipment.
- Develops/implements departmental policies and procedures manual.
- Keeps up to date on new laws and regulations in the field of law enforcement through contacts with the appropriate local Police Department and local law enforcement agencies.
- Creates a welcome atmosphere, answers telephone, relays messages, and maintains open channels of communication.
- Is responsible for parking and traffic control. Keeps up to date Associate vehicle stickers and records.
- Maintains appropriate departmental records and reports.
- Performs duties of Security Officer as need arises.
- Makes recommendations to Director, Security Operations in the area of security, loss prevention, and equipment.
- Reviews and approves departmental reports.
- Assumes responsibility for self regarding knowledge of policies, manuals, and communications. Takes responsibility for self-growth and job improvement.
- Bachelors degree preferred or a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement/Security Management preferred or equivalent security experience, preferably in healthcare setting.
- Five years of experience in law enforcement and/or security with supervisory experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of applicable state laws.
- High code of ethics, honesty, and courtesy.
- Must be able to remain rational and calm under stress.
- Required to demonstrate proficiencies in all patient age categories.
- Must be capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be a Level 3 Security Officer (Texas and New Mexico) prior to hire or appointment.
- Must be a Licensed Security Officer (Louisiana) prior to hire or appointment.
- Must complete IAHSS Supervisors Course within one (1) year of appointment or hire.
- Required to obtain professional certification of CHPA or CPP within one year of appointment.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post offer assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report (PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical interview by a third personal psychologist.
- Will be required to take random drug test screening.
- Must have/maintain valid driver’s license.