Manager Revenue Cycle - Ambulatory Surgery Centers
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS SR Ministry Administration Office Loop 410
100 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78216
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager Revenue Cycle - Ambulatory Surgery Centers Job in San Antonio
Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance, this position is responsible for the daily management and direction of the complete revenue cycle for the Ambulatory Surgery Centers. The Revenue Cycle Manager will perform audits and reviews of departmental charge capture and reconciliation, denials management for the Ambulatory Surgery Centers, daily reporting and coordinated work on unbilled, departmental education on the aforementioned functions, and the identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities, in collaboration with the Vice President of Finance, in order to enhance revenue potential. This role interfaces with regional and corporate leadership, and department leadership and associates on a regular basis.
- Oversee staff to ensure revenue integrity functions, including charge capture, denials management, unbilled claims, and maintenance of chargemaster.
- Perform revenue integrity audits for departments. Provide support to departments to assist with appropriate charge capture and reconciliation.
- Assure reports are run as scheduled, reports are distributed, and report inquiries are handled. Reports included Unbilled claims, B/AR rejections, and Denials Recap details/summary.
- Maintain the Charge Master, in collaboration with designees, also in a manner that is compliant with insurance requirements and government regulations.
- Lead denials management team, in order to analyze claims' denials and implement correction action plans. Collaborate with PFS on denials' reviews.
- Communicates regularly with the CBO departments and responds promptly to inquiries, concerns and problems as pertains to the chargemaster.
- Communicates new regulations and/or operational changes; maintains a positive dialogue and collaborative working environment.
- As requested, direct billing compliance activities in accordance with Corporate Compliance Committee policies and directives; coordinates with department directors to identify and promptly resolve issues.
- Provides support services to Ambulatory Surgery Centers on a variety of special projects related to improving operational and financial performance.
- Daily oversight of Revenue Integrity Coordinators, including PTO requests, Kronos timesheets, Success Factors' goals, annual evaluations, and sharing announcements and education to staff.
- Direct team in leading Revenue Integrity meetings and preparing presentations and reports.
- Building and enhancing working relationship within revenue cycle functions and hospital operations.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by regional leadership and Revenue Cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited University, in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- At least 5 or more years in a healthcare revenue cycle position is preferred. Minimum of 3 years in an administrative or managerial capacity.
- The position requires prior work experience in a hospital or outpatient healthcare, accounting department, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills and ability to convey information in a meaningful and educational way to non-financial personnel, be self-motivated, organize and plan projects. The successful candidate must exhibit strong initiative and problem solving skills and must be detail oriented and possess research, definition, analysis, development and documentation capabilities.
- HFMA membership preferred
- An expert in Excel and proficient in other Microsoft Office products
- Experience in the preparation of statistical and descriptive reports from PASC information systems.
- Experience in evaluating complex financial problems/models