8AM - 5PM
Manager Rehabilitation - Physical Therapy
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
333 North Santa Rosa Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Manager Rehabilitation - Physical Therapy Job in San Antonio
The Rehabilitation Services Manager manages the operation of health rehabilitation programs for the medical facility. Consults with medical and professional staff of other departments and personnel from associated healthcare fields to plan and coordinate patient rehabilitation. Assures productivity and financial goals are met.
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Degree in Physical Therapy, Speech Pathology, or Occupational Therapy.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve and be supportive/innovative in the process of change, strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Oversight of clinical programming in the facility.
- Accountable that all areas of Therapy Services meet accreditation standards of
- TJC and CARF and are continuously ready for survey.
- Additional duties may include participation in space and equipment planning, participation in strategic planning for the department, planning for growth in the non-acute settings, and execution of those plans.
- Ability to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources, addressing issues of moderate to high complexity.
- An ability to develop strong relationships with customers.
- Demonstrate facilitation skills with a working knowledge of CQI tools and techniques.
- Additional duties are assigned.
- Three to five years of therapy management within a healthcare organization preferred.
- Licensed to practice PT, OT, or SLP in the state of Texas. If an SLP, Certificate of Clinical Competence is required.