5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Manager Quality Management
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Manager Quality Management Job in Longview
The Manager Quality Management is accountable for continuous quality improvement as they relate to clinical practice and patient safety. This position will oversee the quality management functions of the hospital and actively collaborates with physician services, nursing, other allied health professionals, ancillary and support personnel at both the hospital and site levels. This position reports to the Director of Quality and provides oversight to the organizational quality committee(s.)
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
• Demonstrated hands-on leadership and operational responsibility in a large/complex healthcare environment.
• Demonstrated success in collaborating with other key leaders. Understanding of regional operating unit leadership issues, concerns, and challenges.
• Works collaboratively with the other Quality Managers and/or Directors for the development of regional committee reports.
• Attends requested committees and presents quality and performance improvement information in a manner which is relevant, concise, easy to understand and actionable.
• Works collaboratively with Clinical Risk Management to ensure appropriate and timely response and resolution to facility variances.
• Works collaboratively with Guest Services to ensure appropriate and timely response and resolution to customer complaints and/or grievances.
• Works collaboratively with all other clinical and ancillary department to ensure appropriate and timely response and resolution to regulatory concerns and in preparation for onsite evaluations.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain high Associate engagement and satisfaction.
• Ability to successfully apply new learning to achieve expected outcomes.
• Demonstrated excellence in negotiation, facilitation, influencing and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of financial operations and ability to meet/exceed expectations on an ongoing basis.
• Manages the performance of subordinates, as applicable, to include mentoring, scheduling of assignments and performance appraisal.
• Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
• Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
• Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s level education required, with relevant clinical experience and evidence of additional training in clinical quality. Master’s level education preferred.
· Must possess excellent communication, organizational and human relations skills. Must have flexibility in dealing with changing job demands.
· Works effectively in multi-disciplinary teams, leading and facilitating teams to move the organization to new areas of excellence.
· Must have the ability to maintain the confidentiality of information. Proven ability to function independently. Must have strong organizational, analytical, and computer technology skills.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in Healthcare Quality.
· Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in fundamentals of quality improvement and ability to lead others.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· Active clinical license in state of employment
· CPHQ preferred or within 2 years of employment