5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Manager Population Health
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
Share This Job On
Manager Population Health Job in Tyler
The Manager Population Health position will manage and implement strategies and resources for population health management efforts, including value-based health plan financial performance, related health analytics, and wellness programs. Establish population-based quality improvement programs for designated health system populations and lead other clinical quality improvement activities. Collaborates with Christus Ministries to achieve system population health and ambulatory quality initiatives.
- Support the development of comprehensive population health management strategies that align with corporate vision and goals and further growth of the organization.
- Analyze data to view population health trends and patterns; identify individual health risks and high-risk populations; find and recommend opportunities to improve health for populations, as required.
- Oversee quality improvement initiatives, HEDIS measurement, NCQA accreditation activities, and other health plans’ clinical quality improvement activities.
- Collaborates with primary care clinics to implement care coordination/nurse navigation for value-based contracts; has experience with ambulatory clinic workflow with ability to partner and troubleshoot with the ambulatory clinical team to develop and refine operational workflows within the practice and specific EHR; familiar with order sets, appointment templates, scheduling of procedures, and pre-authorization
- Develops and continually tests and refines appropriate interventions ensuring care at the right time, right place, and is high quality and cost-effective.
- Ensures effective processes are in place to foster open lines of communication with leadership, providers, and staff relating to clinical integration. Ensures information is communicated vertically and laterally to other departments as needed.
- Develops and implement a quality improvement strategic plan to drive clinical outcomes, ensure correct patient placement, and reduce avoidable readmissions.
- Supports leadership with the selection, training, development, appraisal, work assignments, staffing, productivity, and performance management of Associates within Population Health Care Management
- Understands and supports “Triple Aim” objectives of Population Health and promotes these objectives in concert with organizational Core Values when supervising and leading the teams.
- Provides formal, structured orientation/training process for new Associates with regular opportunities for feedback and assessment of competency upon completion
- Demonstrates an ability to plan, organize and control resources and meet fiscal expectations
- Coordinate daily activities to ensure the delivery of appropriate service by competent staff as defined by experience, education, and skill
- Provides for and encourages a positive environment of self-development and continued learning
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the Christus Health mission and values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree in nursing, healthcare, or business-related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of Population Health from leadership and clinical outcomes perspective.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical/administrative experience with 3-5 years progressive management experience; (clinical experience preferred).
- Administrative experience in clinical, hospital, or health plan settings, working with external bodies, such as Joint Commission, NCQA, and CMS.
- Previous experience with clinical decision support systems, EHRs, and care management tools is preferred.