Manager, Pharmacy - Acute Pharmacy
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health Sys-15100
2600 St. Michael Dr
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager, Pharmacy - Acute Pharmacy Job in Texarkana
The Pharmacy Operations Manager, under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy director, will manage the day-to-day activities of pharmacy services to include daily fulfillment of clinical operations, regulatory compliance, business literacy, and committee involvement. Manage and collaborate with supervisors to promote training, professional development, staffing efficiency, for associate and departmental performance, to meet organizational metrics and objectives.
Additional activities may include participation in the Pharmacist graduate residency program, coordination of the Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience, and participation with intra-regional and system committees.
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Program.
- Knowledge of contemporary hospital/clinical practice and service, general hospital operations and regulatory compliance, computers (word processing etc.), technology, and automation systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, and support personnel.
- Ability to define departmental or program problems/needs and associated solutions.
- Ability to integrate clinical and distributive pharmacy services with quality improvement, teaching, research, and professional development activities.
- Teaching and presenting skills and expertise in experiential training. Project and change management skills.
- Personal leadership qualities and business acumen essential to operate effectively within the institution and advance the profession and practice of pharmacy.
- Clinical, operational, and administrative experience with 3-5 years in a hospital setting.
- Pharmacy leadership experience required, with no less than two years of formal leadership training or supervisory experience preferred.
- Completion of ASHP accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice preferred.
- Pharmacist License from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, (RPh)