5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Manager of Finance
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Manager of Finance Job in Irving
The Manager of Financial Reporting reports to the Director of Financial Reporting. This individual will be the main point of contact for financial analysis every month, quarter & year. They will ensure accuracy in financial statements and processes that influence the numbers recorded, related to both financial activity as well as volume. The generation of month-end reports, including board reports and various presentations, with analysis on the various statements and figures included. They will also be expected to occasionally work with various departments to understand their impact to the financial statements which may require research and corrections to their process. This position requires an understanding and comprehension of accounting theories and principles, including eliminations and the framework of financials statements and how they impact one another. This individual will also be responsible for compiling presentations with financial information and notes on high level variances happening at a consolidated level driven by regional activity. This position shall support the Director of Financial Reporting, Vice President of Operational Analytics, and Ministry leadership in analyzing ministry operations including but not limited to comparing operations to industry trends, and analyzing cost drivers and revenue opportunities.
- Spearhead completion of reporting requirements and presentations for the CHRISTUS Health Board of Directors and the CHRISTUS Health Finance & Strategy Committee.
- Analyze performance of various ministries on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Streamline processes that impact the financial statements and ensure strict consistency between ministries for methodologies used.
- Assist with management and maintenance of various tables/hierarchies within the system.
- Perform as needed maintenance functions for systems such as HFM, INFOR CloudSuite Financials, BI FSM & Application Studio.
- Assist in designing and building reports that will send a clear message related to performance while maintaining a line of sight to consolidated financials. The parameters of reporting may come from within the team or from other departments.
- Be the liaison between accounting and Financial Reporting
- Coordinating consolidation and validating financials.
- Serve as a resource person to end users for tools developed by our team. This includes validation, maintenance and education.
- Support Ministry management and System associates with data requests and analyses.
- Support the Director of Financial Reporting on special projects.
- Provide leadership for the selection, training, development, and performance outcomes of the Associates in the areas of responsibility to include any of the following: Lead Financial Analysts, Senior Financial Analysts and or Financial Analysts.
- Regular interaction and communication with members of Ministry Management and many other associates (both financial and non-financial) requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
- Place high focus on process improvement and on the development of the skills and knowledge of Associates in the financial reporting area to include healthcare accounting, financial reporting and analysis, and maintenance of system-wide information management system infrastructures.
- Enhance the work environment to ensure Associate satisfaction and engagement
- As needed, responsible for educational conferences and seminars for associates relative to financial reporting issues and/or accounting issues, new pronouncements or standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Ministry finance associates in the analysis, interpretation and generation of financial statements.
- Resolve or facilitate the resolution of issues and concerns that create barriers to a high performing team and work environment.
- Provide effective oral and written communications to customers to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, possess good negotiating skills and work well with teams of a different functional background.
- Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Serve as a project team lead or member for building, implementing and deploying new reports or dashboards. Co-ordinates special projects as requested by leadership.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Health Care Administration preferred; however equivalent experience will be considered.
- (5) Five or more years of advanced experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Strong knowledge base, including familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects, and complex assignments.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in interacting with all levels of management and other associates.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare industry highly preferred.
- Ability to execute and integrate complex financial analyses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial data.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work with large datasets efficiently.