Manager Laboratory - Laboratory Job in Corpus Christi
Responsible for one or more lab sections (histology, microbiology, phlebotomy, etc.). Establishes goals, and schedules and coordinates laboratory administration, including purchasing and maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies. Ensures that all activities are in compliance with organization goals and applicable regulations.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Responsible for all departmental and staff customer service initiatives
- This position will be key in improving and maintaining associate morale and retention rates; decreasing turnover.
- Personnel – Responsible for the management (oversight) of all departmental associates
- Performs decision-making processes regarding the hiring, disciplinary action, terminating of departmental associates.
- Will be responsible for overseeing associate evaluations; assuring that time and attendance is completed accurately; assisting with associate staffing/scheduling and PTO requests; will help oversee education, to ensure that all associate education is in compliance with best practice standards; will conduct timely associate communication to ensure associates are well educated.
- Capital and Operating Expense – Will work in collaboration with Administration and Finance to prepare annual capital and operational budgets.
- Will be responsible for maintaining expenses and revenue within the established fiscal year budget for all departments under directorship.
- Reviews rates and procedure codes, supervises the processing, billing and review of laboratory testing.
- Performance Improvement and Quality Management – Responsible for monitoring and/or overseeing that all QC programs; including proficiency testing, review and correction of deficiencies; responsible for continuous performance improvement; maintains total quality of service at acceptable levels.
- Responsible for management and operations within the Laboratory Service Line in collaboration with the Laboratory Medical Director and System Director of Laboratory Services.
- Assure compliance with appropriate accrediting agencies such as that CAP, AABB, CLIA, JCAHO, OSHA, etc.
- Maintains accurate statistics either manually or in the LIS to show productivity, performance indicators, quality management, etc.
- Ensures that all equipment within the Laboratory is functioning properly and ensures that all personnel is educated on proper techniques of operation; verifies that all major equipment repairs have been accomplished; in collaboration with Administration, initiates equipment service contracts.
- Directly responsible for operational policy and procedure development for all related departments under directorship.
- Provides technical expertise regarding problem solving for all related departments under directorship.
- Performs waived, moderate, and high complexity testing, when needed for all related departments under directorship.
- Serve as a laboratory representative on designated hospital committees as required i.e.: Infection Control, Blood Utilization Committee, Quality Management, Safety Committee, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in clinical laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489 required
- Minimum of 3-5 years Clinical Laboratory Experience in moderate/high complexity testing for the specific section/area of responsibility preferred
- Minimum 2 year of Supervisory experience required
- Must possess Certification for MLS, MLT, MT from ASCP, AMT, AAB, or HEW/HHS.
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be maintained and kept current.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.