CHRISTUS System Office
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Manager Contracts Job in Irving
Independently and in coordination with attorneys, completes due diligence, preparation of contracts with physicians and vendors, corporate/legal documentation, legal research, construction/architect documentation and real estate matters in a health care law setting including responding to employment related charges as well as monitors the production and execution of a variety of projects.
- In coordination with supervising attorney, independently review and draft documentation relevant to hospital mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other transactions
- Coordinate, review and prepare due diligence materials including asset acquisitions, sale, bond refinancing, etc.
- Assist and coordinate licensure and change of ownership matters
- Work with parties to facilitate large and complex transactions
- Research legal and regulatory issues affecting transactions
- Draft and review various contracts and agreements in coordination with a supervising attorney
- Work with transaction parties and escrow agents to prepare closings for real estate and corporate venture transactions.
- Prepare, review and update American Institute of Architect (AIA) form documents; maintain company templates to ensure their compliance with company policies
- Independently review, prepare and work directly with clients in conjunction with attorney on construction documents
- Draft and review medical director agreements, professional service agreements, vendor agreements and employment agreements in coordination with supervising attorney
- Assist, draft, and coordinate internal manual projects, i.e. physician contract manual and contract manual
- Research and write historical data on various projects
- Research status of corporations to be dissolved in Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana and Arkansas; coordinate and review dissolution procedures; prepare articles of dissolution
- Perform due diligence and draft position statements and supporting exhibits in response to EEOC charges.
- Manage employment claims in RiskMaster and work cooperatively with Information Management to modify the RiskMaster program, as needed, to improve reporting
- Process and manage garnishment citations to reduce company risk and liability
- Work cooperatively with regional contract administrators to ensure contracts are being executed in a timely manner and executed contracts are being properly uploaded in the contract management system
- Perform legal research and prepare memoranda, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to translate objectives and tasks into priority project planning and manage multiple projects
- Ability to write, redline, negotiate and execute custom contracts and tiers
- Ability to understand and manipulate financial analysis
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to work on assignments independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Minimum of 3 years of contract negotiating experience either in a hospital setting, healthcare company, a healthcare IDN or GPO
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiating favorable terms and competitive pricing with top medical product and service suppliers
- Strong relationship building with key stakeholders and the ability to articulate all aspects of projects
- A proven track record of successfully managing and delivering multiple, concurrent sourcing projects, activities, and tasks on time, within scope, and within budget
- Demonstrated high level of project accountability and ownership from inception through completion.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret product specifications, quotes and cost estimates
- Experience with formal solicitations, including bids and requests for proposals
- Excellent analytical, organizational, presentation, customer service, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritize work and pay attention to detail
- Demonstrated skill and ability in understanding stakeholders' needs and meeting them within policy guidelines and in building collaborative team relationships