Apply Now Manager Compensation Job in Irving
Implement the organization's compensation strategy so that outcomes meet current and future business needs and are consistent with the organization's desired internal and external market position. Design and implement compensation programs to meet objectives with regards to internal equity and external market competitiveness. These programs may include: job evaluation; salary administration; short-term and sales incentive plans; expatriate compensation; executive compensation; workers compensation; salary packaging. Liaise with managers to develop and implement local compensation strategies appropriate for their business needs and consistent with the organization's overall reward strategy. Analyze and evaluate external market data and internal data about the current and projected employee population to develop salary budgets and forecasts. Select and manage relationships with consultants and suppliers to ensure satisfactory standards of service. Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of professionals to ensure the reward strategy is implemented effectively, within established budgets and complies with all relevant regulations, laws and employment standards. Frequently reports to a Compensation Director, Compensation & Benefits Director, Human Resources Director, Top Compensation Executive, Top Compensation & Benefits Executive, or Top Human Resources Management Executive.
- Manages non-executive compensation programs, policies and procedures, including but not limited to job evaluation, job classification/reclassification, salary structures
Collaborates with the HRIS and Talent Management teams in the development and implementation of system-wide programs including Success factors and Kenexa Job Descriptor
- Manages the salary survey process ensuring the participation of appropriate surveys in order to obtain competitive salary survey information
- Through the use of survey tools, oversees the comparison of compensation practices with competitors and recommends structure and salary adjustments for regional and corporate groups
- Manages communication regarding compensation policies and educates leadership and Associates about the content and value of the programs provided
- Assess the need, prioritizes and assigns direct reports to work on various issues related to compensation that comes to the department's attention
- Keeps abreast of various trends in compensation, including incentive pay, shift differentials and various sign-on and retention bonuses
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to HR leaders
- Provides advice to HR leaders on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs
- Ensure appropriate usage and updating of the Kenexa Comp analyst tool, Group One and ERI tools
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
- Managerial or Supervisory capacity is preferred, or 3 years of strong compensation analysis and planning experience for all employee groups can substitute for supervisory or managerial experience.