Manager Clinical Documentation Improvement Application
CHRISTUS System Office
Occasional Overnight Travel Up To 20 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Manager Clinical Documentation Improvement Application Job in Irving
CHRISTUS Health is looking for a Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) applications manager to join us in building a Best-In-Class CDI department. The incumbent will have the opportunity to guide CDI application workflows in 3M 360 and analytic insights development with guidance from the Data Science and CDI directors. The manager is responsible for system-wide CDI analytics and applications management. Leads in the development of in-depth cross department workflows. Partners with key stakeholders to recommend system optimization opportunities and translates the opportunity into data systems configurations. Leads development of CDI written documentation of various types, such as application documentation, analytical reports, functional specifications, training manuals, status reports, etc. Creates, evaluates and instructs/teaches other associates and stakeholders, including analysts, CDI specialists and providers. Vital in the configuration, testing and implementation of application and workflow upgrades, including DRG updates and weight validation tables. Works collaboratively with our stakeholder to bring cutting edge technology to the department and ensuring that our CHRSITUS Health System has the insights needed to drive CDI results. Works closely with the CDI leaders, coding and technical staff in the coordination of new projects from development to successful implementation. Interfaces with all areas as needed to ensure the CDI team keeps CHRISTUS health and our patients as the number one focus.
- Designs and builds best practice CDI workflows in applications such as 3M 360
- Maintain DRG tables for in CDI application (3M 360)
- Lead and perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment
- Lead projects that require data mining, analysis, and presentation
- Identify relevant trends, do follow up analysis and prepare visualizations
- Extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by business decision-makers
- Uses advanced research and statistical methods to conduct comprehensive analyses on the data collected from various operational processes
- Consults with requestors of informational topics related to research and decision-making analyses
- Responsible for and oversees day to day tracking and follow-up on issues and questions of daily operations. Validates testing results.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong background in analysis, design, development, testing and support of complex information systems with an emphasis on data integrity and quality control
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty related to data analytics
- Minimal of 3 years of hands-on 3M 360 experience in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working with data analytics and data sciences (preferably in healthcare)
- Utilization of 3M 360 interface engine for HL7 message troubleshooting and resolution.
- 3M 360 Prioritization tool, problem resolution; system analysis, implementation, and FTP and HL7 interface support; Reports; Project Management; Maintain multiple systems. Responsible for Patient Management; Medical Records / Coding; and Patient Accounting data flow, integrity, and processes.
- Epic certification or achievement of applicable system training/proficiency within 6 months of hire preferred.
- 3M 360 Encompass Certified System Administrator preferred
- CDI certification beneficial