Manager Care Management Job in Tyler
This position oversees the daily management of the Care Management Department. The position is responsible for providing expertise and leadership to the Care Management team to insure the effective utilization of resources for patient care delivery and administrative staff. This position will also enhance the continuity of care and cost effectively by integrating the functions of case management, utilization management and discharge planning
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs and/or is able to perform all the functional responsibilities of the Care Management team.
• Supervises the human resource functions for the selection, orientation, continued follow-up, support and performance appraisals of staff to ensure that all related actions are managed in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies.
• Monitors outcomes of associates on monthly basis by report card and meetings.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a systematic approach to monitor the effectiveness of the Care Management Program including resolution strategies.
• Maintain current policies and procedure. Provides education on P&P to associates.
• Coordinates the delivery of patient care within Care Management purview and ensures compliance with established hospital and regulating standards. Facilitates discharge planning processed in conjunction with other disciplines.
• Monitor Payer Initiatives: Provides information to the medical and hospital staff regarding current reimbursement, review regulations and guidelines, and processing of denials.
• Maintains a working relationship with community agencies and external reviewing and paying agencies including the professional review organization (PRO), Medicaid, CMS, private review organizations and third party payers.
• Monitor compliance of Avoidable Days of the CM associates and prepare report. Issue any letters needed to be given to physicians, departments, etc.
• Monitor compliance of Readmits of the CM associates and prepare report. Notify Quality Management of any issues dealing with readmits.
• Monitor schedules, PTO, and Time and Attendance policy to Associates in the Care Management Department.
• Monitor Care Management Associate education requirements and compliance for the Hospital’s annual requirement through Healthstream.
• Management of Denial Process; collaborate with Care Management Team to decrease the number of denials. Provide education and mentoring to team on denial issues. Will report to the denial meeting and perform any duties that may overturn denials. Bring knowledge to the denial meeting base on clinical experience.
• Guest Relations/Communications; Demonstrates positive role modeling of customer relations (customer include patient, physicians, other health care team members, and payers, etc.) Use AIDET and KWKT appropriately.
• Translates strategies into action steps; clearly assigns responsibility for decisions and tasks; sets clear objectives; monitors progress and achieves results.
• Demonstrates the confidence, drive and ability to face and overcome challenges and obstacles to achieve organizational goals.
• Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
· Associate's Degree in Nursing
· RN License in state of employment or compact
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.