Mammography Technologist - Sulphur Springs
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Sulphur Springs
Share This Job On
Mammography Technologist - Sulphur Springs Job in Sulphur Springs
Mammography Technologist is responsible for performing a wide variety of mammographic procedures while providing quality patient care. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organizations mission, values and culture.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Perform a variety of mammographic procedures using independent judgment to provide quality patient care while consistently displaying outstanding judgment in film critique.
- Operate a variety of radiographic and support equipment, including radiographic, mammographic, ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy machines as well as support equipment. Must also operate a variety of mobile radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment on an as needed basis.
- Protects patients from undue exposure to radiation by using lead shields and various safety factors.
- Selects the proper film size, collimate and positions equipment at the proper distance and angle to patient's body to produce a clear, undistorted, diagnostic radiograph.
- Assists the radiologist in performing and producing a variety of fluoroscopic procedures by setting the proper required radiographic technique factors on the equipment, preparing and administering the appropriate opaque media and positioning the patient for the various exposures needed to complete the procedure.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of mammography equipment and components; replacement of emergency trays and supplies as needed. Makes sure supplies are always on hand for Mammographic Screening, Diagnostic and Surgical procedures.
- Identifies abnormal anatomy and pathologic processes in assessing patients for the appropriate procedures.
- Maintains Quality Control/ Quality Assurance in accordance with MQSA programs and ACR, FDA and TDH standards and regulations. Assures that all documentation is accurately recorded and kept in an organized manner susceptible to instant inspection if needed.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the population- specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE VALUES of CHRISTUS Health
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent required
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Diagnostic Radiology preferred
- 1 year experience in Mammography
- Registered by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiography and Mammography required
- Current state licensure required
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required
Per Diem As Needed
We now have RECRUITER ON DEMAND to enhance your candidate experience.
If you want to talk to a recruiter NOW and it’s Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 3:00pm, please click the link below! We would love to tell you more about this position.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 217 337 565 548
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.