Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist - Imaging MRI
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital New Braunfels
Share This Job On
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist - Imaging MRI Job in New Braunfels
The MRI Technologist works independently, performing complex and specialized procedures. The MRI Technologist must be able to use a wide variety of imaging equipment and computers. The incumbent must be able to provide basic MRI screening of patients and employees, prepare maintenance and repairs, participate in QA, and resolve issues related to MRI safety. The technologist must have the knowledge to make quick and highly technical decisions in order to accommodate physical restrictions and pathology. Ongoing participation with MR education, safety, protocol development, quality assurance, and technical advances are integrated with clinical scanning. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organizations mission, values and culture.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - New Braunfels(CSRH-NB), nestled in the heart of downtown New Braunfels, is a full-service, 94-private bed facility that continues to expand to meet the needs of New Braunfels’ strong population growth. Innovative equipment and procedures are utilized, including an Outpatient Imaging Center, orthopedic and surgical services, rehabilitation, a renovated birthing center, including 24/7 neonatal coverage, emergency care, wound care/hyperbaric center, 3D mammography, and comprehensive heart care, from diagnostics to open-heart surgery.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Performs a variety of diagnostic procedures some of a more complex nature, utilizing state of the art computerized MRI diagnostic imaging equipment.
• Demonstrates competency with respect to MRI exams, procedures and the use of pressurized injection equipment.
• Assists Radiologist in invasive and biopsy type procedures using MRI equipment to pinpoint anatomical locations.
• Upon completion of procedures, the technologist programs the computer to assure completion of exam and all scan data is correctly stored on PACS for future reference.
• Coordinates and prioritizes procedures during the workday to maintain a high level of patient care and continuity.
• Ensures all charges are correctly coded and entered in the billing system.
• Demonstrates and maintains competence with all age specific groups to ensure proper completion of studies.
• Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
• Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by State and Federal agencies, the hospital and other regulatory entities.
• Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
• Basic computer knowledge required
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Demonstrates adherence to the Core values of Christus Health.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences or other accepted and approved equivalent required
- 1 year of experience in a hospital or Clinical setting preferred
- 3 years of experience in a clinical Imaging setting is highly preferred
- Registered by the (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technology in MRI preferred
- Current state licensure required
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.