LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse-surgery (or Certified Scrub Nurse)
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
2600 St Michael Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse-surgery (or Certified Scrub Nurse) Job in Texarkana
LVN or Certified Scrub Nurse
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years experience as a surgical technologist in a hospital or surgery center setting.
- Lead Tech experience or proven track record as a surgical technologist is preferred.
- Completion of an accredited surgical tech program or current Texas LVN license
- CPR-(American Heart Association).
- Non LVNs, CST certification required within six months from hire/transfer date. Associates employed on or before 09/01/09 are exempt from this requirement.