LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse - Clinic - Sign on!
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Hill Country Landa
774 Landa Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse - Clinic - Sign on! Job in New Braunfels
Under supervision, the incumbent of this position provides nursing care to clinic patients within the state’s scope of LPN/LVN practice. Works collaboratively with the clinicians and other interdisciplinary team members to facilitate quality care for the patient.
- Performs general nursing care to patients including, clinical intake, and screenings; assists clinicians during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Answers phones and manages communications timely to provide safe patient care; assists in scheduling appointments.
- May perform a variety of nursing skills applicable to the assigned clinic once deemed competent through completion of core competencies and site-specific competencies.
- Assists with medication management by assisting with medication refills and by administering mediations/immunizations according to applicable policies and orders.
- Assists with timely patient flow through the clinic.
- Cleans and restocks exam rooms. Cleans equipment in accordance with policy. Ensures preparation of exam rooms including re-stocking of treatment areas.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Maintains patient records and other information in a professional manner following policies and procedures regarding documentation.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licensure and affiliations.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Health policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Health’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CHRISTUS Health Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing or vocational nursing.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Valid state license to practice nursing. Current CPR certification