LPTA, Licensed Physical Therapist Asst - Rehab Therapy
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now LPTA, Licensed Physical Therapist Asst - Rehab Therapy Job in Corpus Christi
Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, performs treatments and provides exercise instruction and demonstration for patients. Assists the Physical Therapist during patient testing, evaluations and complex procedures. Carries out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as determined by evaluation by a Physical Therapist. Instructs patients on segments of the program, including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an approved accredited school for Physical Therapist Assistants with Associates Degree.
- New graduates are accepted for this position although experience is preferred.
- Must have current PTA license issued by Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. CPR (American Heart Association)