Apply Now LPN/RN (Nurse) Dermatology/ Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: The Primary Care Practical Clinician will work collaboratively with physicians, staff and other health care professionals to provide a smooth health care continuum for all patients within the clinic setting. The clinician is an integral member of the clinic care team who works to ensure safety, best practice and high quality standards of care are maintained. The clinician assists with coordinating patient wellness and chronic illness management for the clinic. The clinician works with the clinic manager to supervise the delivery of clinical care.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited program in Licensed Practical Nursing
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Licensed by State of New Mexico as an LPN. BLS Certification issued through America Heart Association required, or within 2 weeks of hire date.
- Knowledge of and practical use of good business English, spelling, arithmetic, practices
- Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal skills
- Demonstrates effective teaching techniques, applying adult learning principles
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate and implement appropriate educational materials for patients and their support system
EXPERIENCE: One year experience working as a nurse in a clinical setting.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director of Primary Care Services and Clinic Manager
In conjunction with clinic leadership:
- Supervises daily activities of medical assistants and PCA's in primary care clinic setting
- In conjunction with clinic leadership and educator assists with establishing and maintaining clinical staff competency
- Ensures provision of uninterrupted clinical care
- Provides clinical observations to manager for annual performance evaluations of clinical staff
- Bloodborne pathogen: A -- Works in a clean, well-lighted, smoke free environment
- Bloodborne pathogen: B -- If involved in clinical contact
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighting up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Frequent exposure to bodily fluids, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.