8AM - 5PM
LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse - Family Clinic
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
CHRISTUS Primary Care Shreveport
9091 Ellerbe Road
Shreveport, LA 71106
Share This Job On
Apply Now LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse - Family Clinic Job in Shreveport
Under supervision, the incumbent of this position provides nursing care to clinic patients within the state’s scope of LPN/LVN practice.Works collaboratively with the clinicians and other interdisciplinary team members to facilitate quality care for the patient.
- Performs general nursing care to patients including, clinical intake, and screenings; assists clinicians during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Answers phones and manages communications timely to provide safe patient care; assists in scheduling appointments.
- May perform a variety of nursing skills applicable to the assigned clinic once deemed competent through completion of core competencies and site-specific competencies.
- Assists with medication management by assisting with medication refills and by administering mediations/immunizations according to applicable policies and orders.
- Assists with timely patient flow through the clinic.
- Cleans and restocks exam rooms. Cleans equipment in accordance with policy. Ensures preparation of exam rooms including re-stocking of treatment areas.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Maintains patient files, records and other information in a professional manner following policies and procedures regarding documentation.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licensure and affiliations.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Health policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Health’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CHRISTUS Health Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing or vocational nursing.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Valid state license to practice nursing. Current CPR certification