Linux / Unix Server Engineer
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Information Technology Center
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Linux / Unix Server Engineer Job in San Antonio
The Linux / Unix Server Engineer is a strategic position providing the intermediate level of technical skill and expertise in Server Engineering as well as a tactical position involved with the execution of Server operations.The Server is responsible for developing and maintaining the enterprise architecture, perform analyses and make recommendations relating to technical, systems and process solution architectures, migration strategies, and IT investment strategies. Responsibilities include managing technology and data architectures, developing data administration and project standards, defining the enterprise standards, best practices and ensuring availability and quality of information of all enterprise systems. Day to day activities include, analysis, design, development, implementation, support, maintenance and documentation functions for hardware and applications utilized within the enterprise environment to include all aspects of system monitoring, system administration, performance tuning, documentation, installation and troubleshooting any issues related to the above technologies. The position also works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role of third level support for server technologies, providing training and direction to other technical staff that perform the bulk of the first and second level support tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (6 years) required
- Technical knowledge of large-scale enterprise infrastructure hardware to include; virtualization technologies, compute, storage and networking
- Proficient knowledge of industry practices and technical systems and a solid understanding of the potential user of technology solutions in a business environment
- Proficient knowledge and troubleshooting skills of core Windows components such as Directory Services, LAN/WAN Protocols, Storage Technologies, Infrastructure services and Internet Information Services or equivalent experience with Linux or Unix platforms
- Experience administering High Availability, Redundancy and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Proficient with virtualization solutions, Windows and Windows Services configurations, Linux and Linux Services configurations, Antivirus, E-mail systems, network transports and Backup software/hardware
- Experience in large-scale server deployment, configuration management software and advanced recovery of systems
- Experience with one or more of the following models is desired:
- Cisco UCS Hardware
- HP Servers
- Dell PowerEdge
- Network switches, SAN, NAS, database, VMware and Cisco solutions
- VMware, VMware ESX
- Hyper-V Server
- Operating Systems – Windows Server, Enterprise and Data Center, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Suse Linux Enterprise, HPUX and AIX.
- A total of six (6) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Management systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in enterprise server administration or engineering
- Prior experience in a health care systems environment is a plus
- One or more of the following storage networking certifications recommended:
- Server+(Plus), MCSA, MCSE, MCT, MCP, LPI I, LPI II, HP ASE, Linux System Administrator, Redhat RHCE, VMware VCA, VMware VCP