Licensed Vocational Nurse Surgery 7am-3pm Job in Texarkana
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience preferred but not required
- Two year commitment for training
- Completion of an accredited surgical tech program or current LVN/LPN license.
- CPR-(American Heart Association).
- MUST LIVE WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF THE HOSPITAL