4 DAYS - 10 HOURS
Licensed Vocational Nurse - FHC Westside Clinic
CHRISTUS Spohn Family Health Center Westside
Share This Job On
Apply Now Licensed Vocational Nurse - FHC Westside Clinic Job in Corpus Christi
The LVN will provide ambulatory nursing care which includes the assessment and implementation of an appropriate nursing care plan compatible with the physician’s overall therapeutic goals. This individual will include the physical, psychological and social dimensions unique to each patient as nursing care is given in a community oriented primary care center.
CHRISTUS Spohn Family Health Centers –Westside is a an outpatient department and provider- based facility associated with CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Memorial supported by two contracted, board certified Family Physicians, a mid-level Family Nurse Practitioner, and a Dentist. It is centrally located at 4617 Greenwood Dr. Corpus Christi, Texas 78416. The clinic zip code is federally designated as a medically underserved area. The Center offers acute and chronic ambulatory health care along with preventive medicine and patient education. The department is supported by 10 associates, 4 clerical and 6 clinical staff for the providers. The hours of operation are: Medical clinic – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday; Dental clinic -- 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
The Center health care team is organized to deliver timely, appropriate ambulatory services to patients and their families. The following goals summarize the elements key to its operation:
- To provide an alternative to the Emergency Room for non-emergent health care
- To improve access to health care for under-served populations and/or areas.
- To provide primary care services to families, regardless of payor class.
- To maintain a continuum of care when patients for patients needing specialty and hospital care.
We believe that the daily activities involved in delivering health care to the patients of the community sets the department apart from others. Each of us believes that our participation in the care of our patients makes a difference in the lives we touch daily. Comradery and sense of family is important to the team. Several of the associates have worked with the family health center for many years.
- Graduate from an accredited school of vocational nursing.
- Two to three years of experience in a doctor's office or other ambulatory health care setting preferred.
- Current Texas State LVN license
- CPR - (American Heart Association)