8AM - 5PM
Licensed Vocational Nurse - Family Health Center - Westside
CHRISTUS Spohn Family Health Center Westside
4617 Greenwood Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78416
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Licensed Vocational Nurse - Family Health Center - Westside Job in Corpus Christi
Provides primary care to a designated group of patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse.Assists in the collection of patient data used to determine nursing needs of the patient.Works with other disciplines to ensure a Collaborative approach to the care of the patient.
CHRISTUS Spohn Family Health Centers –Westside is a an outpatient department and provider- based facility associated with CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Memorial supported by two contracted, board certified Family Physicians, a mid-level Family Nurse Practitioner, and a Dentist.It is centrally located at 4617 Greenwood Dr. Corpus Christi, Texas 78416.The clinic zip code is federally designated as a medically underserved area. The Center offers acute and chronic ambulatory health care along with preventive medicine and patient education.The department is supported by 10 associates, 4 clerical and 6 clinical staff for the providers.The hours of operation are: Medical clinic – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday; Dental clinic -- 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
The Center health care team is organized to deliver timely, appropriate ambulatory services to patients and their families.The following goals summarize the elements key to its operation:
- To provide an alternative to the Emergency Room for non-emergent health care
- To improve access to health care for under-served populations and/or areas.
- To provide primary care services to families, regardless of payor class.
- To maintain a continuum of care when patients for patients needing specialty and hospital care.
We believe that the daily activities involved in delivering health care to the patients of the community sets the department apart from others. Each of us believes that our participation in the care of our patients makes a difference in the lives we touch daily. Comradery and sense of family is important to the team. Several of the associates have worked with the family health center for many years.
- Graduate from an accredited school of vocational nursing.
- Will accept a new graduate from an accredited school of vocational nursing.
- Current Texas State LVN license.
- CPR - (American Heart Association)