8AM - 5PM
Licensed Social Worker
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Licensed Social Worker Job in Longview
Supervises or performs a variety of services, such as advising on social problems, arranging for discharge or postoperative care at home or in institutions, placement of children in foster homes or adults in nursing homes, financial assistance to patients or families during illnesses, and alleviation of anxieties or fears concerning permanent disabilities, disfiguring illnesses, or uncertainty about the future.
- Current Texas Social Work License
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Social Work
- One year of experience as a Social Worker in a medical setting preferred
- Specialized Training
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others.
- Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired.