Lead Tax Accountant
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Lead Tax Accountant Job in Irving
Reports to the System Director of Tax / Tax Managers, and is responsible for performing a variety of tax compliance and consulting functions for numerous entities, across multiple tax types and for multiple jurisdictions, in accordance with general policies and procedures of the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for preparation of federal, state and local for-profit tax returns and related filings. Also responsible for assisting with tax exempt filings as necessary.
- Provide primary support for System Director of Tax / Tax Managers in tax compliance and consulting matters.
- Assist in the annual ASC740 (FIN48) process of information gathering and analysis, and work with the outside auditors during their analysis.
- Ability to engage peers and other appropriate individuals in gathering required information.
- Provide assistance to general accounting with the monthly close process.
- Provide back-up for other individuals in Tax Department, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by System Director of Tax / Tax Managers.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required
- Strongly prefer at least 2 years of prior experience in a CPA firm environment, in a tax role.
- Tax compliance and/or consulting experience in regard to taxable corporate entities (Form 1120 and Form 1065 experience.)Prior tax-exempt experience preparing Form 990 is a plus.
- Responsible for calculating and preparing tax extensions, estimated payments and responding to federal and state tax notices. Prior experience with a combined Texas Margin Tax return is also a plus.
- Ability to analyze, research and interpret tax issues, document and communicate findings.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing priorities, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and have strong rapport with the executive team, colleagues, and subordinates.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customer base.
- Solid business acumen.
- Previous work experience demonstrating knowledge of general policies and procedures followed in an accounting/tax department.
- Good Excel Spreadsheet experience (including pivot table) will be needed.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters tax software products (GoSystem, InSource, OneSource, etc.) is a plus.
- CPA preferred