Laboratory Technical Consultant Senior - Outpatient Lab
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
Share This Job On
Laboratory Technical Consultant Senior - Outpatient Lab Job in Tyler
Provides Laboratory technical consulting for the CHRISTUS Clinics laboratory testing sites (Physician clinics, designated hospitals & designated CHRISTUS Point of Care locations). This includes monitoring of quality control, Performance Improvement, proficiency testing, and competency assessments for all lab and non-lab testing personnel. Writes and updates policies for new and existing procedures. Performs all procedures and educates laboratory testing personnel according to recognized laboratory standards with emphasis on age specific standards as associated with job-related policies and procedures. Has the responsibility of assuring that personnel at designated testing sites performing laboratory procedures meet CLIA, Joint Commission, and CHRISTUS guidelines for testing. Assures that laboratory testing personnel are following OSHA and TMFHC mandated safety guidelines. Must be able to travel to all CHRISTUS testing sites. Performs laboratory testing in competency assessed sections of the Laboratory.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Performs/monitors training, orientating and educating of clinic/testing personnel in laboratory policies, procedures, testing methods; performs competency assessment for personnel on an as needed and on an annual basis
- Monitors quality control; monitors and develops Performance Improvement projects; monitors and provides corrective action for proficiency for all sites
- Provides technical oversite for instrument calibration and maintenance; provides troubleshooting and assistance as needed
- Develops policies and implements procedures for clinic laboratory testing, and assures that clinic personnel are performing quality laboratory testing and are following all required policies and procedures for CLIA, Joint Commission, TMFHC regulations
- Oversees correlation of test methods, verifies accuracy, precision, sensitivity, specificity, reportable, and reference ranges
- Develops new policies and procedures; updates testing manuals a minimum of an annual basis
- Performs on-site visits to the clinic/affiliated hospital laboratories and testing sites on an established basis
- Attends and participates in Laboratory supervisory and staff meetings
- Instructs Lab Classes
- Monitors and enforces safety practices of ancillary testing personnel and clinic testing personnel
- Staff Technologist: performs procedures, tasks, and job duties delineated in the Medical Technologist job description for those sections in which competency is maintained
- Review of critical and abnormal values for all regional laboratories
- Performs special projects as assigned by laboratory director; other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree or higher in clinical laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489 required.
- 3 years of full-time primary laboratory experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) in moderate/high complexity testing for the specific section/area of responsibility required.
- 5 years of full-time primary laboratory experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) in moderate/high complexity testing for the specific section/area of responsibility preferred.
- Must possess Certification for MLT from ASCP, AMT, AAB, or HEW/HHS.
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be maintained and kept current.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.