Apply Now Laboratory Supervisor - Main Lab Job in Tyler
Supervises technical and personnel aspects of phlebotomy and front office Lab sections. Performs both independently and after consultation and approval of the Supervisors, Manager, Director and Medical Director / Pathologists. These activities are performed in order to provide the best possible diagnostic service to the physician and patient. This position assures associate age specific competency through documented records and educational programs. In addition, this position has the responsibility of assuring that personnel performing laboratory procedures meet CLIA, Joint Commission, College of American Pathologist and CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System guidelines for testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology
- ASCP Certified or equivalent registration
- Must have three (3) years of clinical laboratory experience and phlebotomy skills
- Prefer five (5) years of experience related to laboratory experience and phlebotomy skills; one to two (1-2) years supervisory experience.
- Skill Requirements:
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Organizational skills
- Verbal skills
- Clerical skills
- Personnel skills
- Supervisory skills
- Phlebotomy skills
- Specimen Processing skills
- Preferred: Cerner LIS software; Centrifugation operation