Laboratory Supervisor - Laboratory
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Shoreline-25100
600 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Laboratory Supervisor - Laboratory Job in Corpus Christi
Coordinates the administrative, clinical, and technical functions and activities in one or more divisions or sections of the department. Provides laboratory services to meet the needs of patients, ensuring services are performed in accordance with accepted standards and practices. Consults with medical staff and other healthcare providers on matters relating to laboratory services.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region's most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent degree
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license are required at the time of hire per College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation guidelines for CAP accredited laboratories in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and Kleberg.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Clinical Laboratory experience required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Licensure as Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)