Laboratory Manager - Laboratory
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg
1311 General Cavazos Blvd
Kingsville, TX 78363
Share This Job On
Apply Now Laboratory Manager - Laboratory Job in Kingsville
Responsible for one or more lab sections (histology, microbiology, phlebotomy, etc.). Establishes goals, and schedules and coordinates laboratory administration, including purchasing and maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies. Ensures that all activities are in compliance with organization goals and applicable regulations.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg is a premier medical facility found in a town known for its ranching history and rich in Texas culture in Kingsville, Texas. Licensed for 100 beds, the hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center general acute care facility offering complete Medical and Surgical Services including Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Skilled Nursing, as well as, Emergency, Intensive Care, Cardiac and Comprehensive Diagnostic Services serving the resident of Kleberg, Brooks, Kennedy and southern Nueces counties.
CHRISTUS Spohn Kleberg Plaza houses the hospital’s birthing services with modern, state-of-the-art labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms (LDRPs,) a nursery, the Cissy Horlock Taub Women’s Center (a diagnostic and education/resource center) and physician office suites. Outpatient rehabilitation services including occupational, and speech therapy, wound care, physical and aquatic therapy are offered at two convenient locations in Kingsville.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or natural sciences required. MBA, MHA, or Master’s degree in Administration preferred.
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license are required at the time of hire per College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation guidelines for CAP accredited laboratories in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and Kleberg.
- Four years’ experience is CLIA defined, high-complexity laboratory required. Minimum two years management experience required. Multi-hospital experience preferred.
- M.T. (ASCP) or CLS (NCA) preferred.
- Membership in a professional organization(s) preferred.