Apply Now Laboratory Manager - Laboratory Job in Corpus Christi
Responsible for one or more lab sections (histology, microbiology, phlebotomy, etc.). Establishes goals, and schedules and coordinates laboratory administration, including purchasing and maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies. Ensures that all activities are in compliance with organization goals and applicable regulations.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or natural sciences required. MBA, MHA, or Master’s degree in Administration preferred.
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license are required at the time of hire per College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation guidelines for CAP accredited laboratories in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and Kleberg.
- Four years’ experience is CLIA defined, high-complexity laboratory required. Minimum two years management experience required. Multi-hospital experience preferred.
- M.T. (ASCP) or CLS (NCA) preferred.
- Membership in a professional organization(s) preferred.