5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Laboratory Informaticist I
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas St Elizabeth Hospital
Share This Job On
Laboratory Informaticist I Job in Beaumont
The Laboratory Informatics System Analyst is responsible for assisting in the operation and administration of laboratory information systems, collaborating with clinical and technical associates to enhance workflow methodology and tools. Support responsibilities include application support of medium to high complexity for all laboratory applications for a large, multi-regional healthcare system; maintaining regulatory compliance for all laboratory applications. The Laboratory Informaticist maintains a patient-centric and end-user centric focus, while assisting with analysis, testing, documentation, education, implementation and optimization activities to enhance technology adoption and efficiencies to improve patient safety. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to support assigned clinical application(s). This position requires the ability to work with minimal supervision. This position is exempt.
- Collaborate with Health Informatics colleagues across the enterprise to drive strategic goals and vision for the department and CHRISTUS Health.
- Collaborate with Health Informatics colleagues to focus on standardized best practice workflow processes and clinical content to ensure alignment across all ministries in order to create efficiencies that improve patient safety.
- Collaborates with technical colleagues to help identify any infrastructure related issues that have resulted in laboratory application issues.
- Provides advice, guidance, and informal training to users of supported laboratory applications.
- Contribute to knowledge transfer and dissemination of best practices across the ministries through the use of information structures, information processes, and information technology.
- Assess laboratory information systems for efficient and effective use related to patient care, user satisfaction, clinical productivity and quality outcomes.
- Collaborate with Health Informatics colleagues in the development and/or revision of initiatives or programs related to data collection, retrieval, analysis and interpretation to assist in optimizing patient outcomes and/or effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify and implement standardized improvement opportunities with workflow processes and laboratory information systems as they relate to the practice of the end users.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with other people, both individually and in groups.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of clinical practice as it pertains to the integration of laboratory information systems and impact on end users.
- Follows standard practices and procedures designed by the Health Informatics department.
- Perform clinical content reviews and collaborate with clinical teams to identify laboratory system changes/needs utilizing identified change management process.
- Assist in communicating to laboratory application users any system changes, new functionality, workflow process changes, downtime procedures or other changes.
- Assist in reporting any identified Regulatory Compliance issues/concerns and escalate utilizing proper chain of command.
- Foster relationships with ministry leadership and departments such as Information Services, Clinical Operations, Quality, Case Management, Revenue Cycle, and Finance to ensure effective communication, to meet business and financial requirements.
- Set priorities, able to plan and manage a diverse set of tasks.
- Provides effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times.
- May be required to work long hours and/or weekends during critical problem resolution and implementations. Some situations may require an on-call rotation.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Elevates questions, problems and significant challenges to more senior team members for direction or subject matter expertise on new or unprecedented assignments.
- Requires minimal instruction on day-to-day work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Escalates operational problems and technical issues to senior team members and management.
- Makes decisions regarding own work on primarily routine cases. Responsible for other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent degree with 1+ years clinical experience or 2+ years clinical experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong knowledge of clinical information systems, data management and administration.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Preferred 1-3 years previous laboratory information system maintenance experience or equivalent.
- Medical Technologist (MT, MLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or equivalent certification/license preferred. Some CHRISTUS Health Ministries may require proof of certification/licensure (ASCP, HEW, AMT or equivalent)
- Certification in a laboratory application – OR – Previous clinical application experience strongly preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License or United States Government ID.
- Epic Beaker certification/accreditation/self-proficiency preferred (may be required to certify in relevant application within first 6 months of hire) Note: Once achieved, must be maintained