Laboratory Central Processing Assistant OPL/Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Laboratory Central Processing Assistant OPL/Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for competently handling and processing all laboratory specimens, ensuring specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures to include receipt, data entry, storage and delivery of specimens to testing areas. Serves as a resource for specimen and testing information.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: ASCP or equivalent certification as a phlebotomy technician preferred.
- Proficient at obtaining specimens and dispensing critical information in accordance with section, laboratory, and hospital policies and procedures
- Must be proficient at receiving specimens and following written procedures for processing specimens
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to operate laboratory equipment, computer systems, and manage supply inventory system.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three months in laboratory, including experience with phlebotomy, and processing.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
- Responsible to: Laboratory Director
- Bloodborne pathogen -C (Routine Exposure Risk. Routine exposure in daily duties. Exposed to potentially infectious material on a regular basis and is part of the expected job task)
Generally works in a well lighted, ventilated area. Exposure to disagreeable odors, toxic fumes, and high noise levels and fluctuations in temperatures. Position involves exposure to carcinogenic, hazardous, and flammable chemicals; biohazardous and radioactive materials; sharp needles and blades; infectious diseases; toxic fumes. Subject to mental stress from working with infectious materials and reporting results which directly affect patient care. Activities of the job are carried out indoors, at blood drawing stations, or at a desk, bench, or bedside. Occasionally, employees may be required to transport themselves to perform their duties at Health Fairs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: May be required to work more than a standard shift as dictated by workload, staffing, and equipment failure. Sitting, standing, and stooping may be involved throughout the entire shift. Work occasionally requires safe waist-high lifting and transferring of pediatric and adult patients, usually with assistance. Pushing and pulling up to adult weights may be required. Higher than shoulder reaching may also be required. Ability to unpack and stock supplies lifting
Our application process is being upgraded and will not be accessible between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm CST. During our scheduled downtime, you can click here to join our talent community or come back later to fill out the application process. Thank you for your patience as we upgrade our technology.