Lab Assistant Certified - Tyler Regional Lab
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
Share This Job On
Lab Assistant Certified - Tyler Regional Lab Job in Tyler
Accurately evaluates specimen orders and enter clinical data/information into a variety of computer systems (i.e. order entry, patient demographics and/or results). Identifies any missing or invalid data entry information and take the appropriate action to correct. Operates automated and semi-automated equipment according to standard operating procedures.
Effectively communicate supply deficiencies to appropriate personnel, including deficiencies related to specimens, paperwork, database information, and equipment.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Accurately document information as required, including processing logs, quality control, and labeling of reagents.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and maintains laboratory equipment and glassware.
- Maintains and distributes laboratory supplies.
- Packages laboratory biohazard waste for disposal following established standards and practices.
- Maintains laboratory coat supply
- Orders, receives, stocks, ships and tracks laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Ensuring all equipment is functioning correctly or scheduling equipment repair or replacement.
- Tracks equipment calibrations and preventative maintenance.
- Maintains inventory of all consumables and reagents.
- Assists in arranging the disposal of biohazard and chemical waste.
- Assists with the enforcement of all laboratory policies and procedures.
- Assists in enforcing safety around PPEs (personal protective equipment’s)
- Follows established protocols for safety, infection control, security, compliance, and the use of hazardous materials.
- Associate of Science Degree required.
- • Bachelor of Science Degree preferred.
- • Basic knowledge in the areas of microbiology, immunology or molecular biology and biochemistry as related to infectious diseases required.
- One to Three (1-3) years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting required.
- PHLEB – (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) certification required.
We now have RECRUITER ON DEMAND to enhance your candidate experience.
If you want to talk to a recruiter NOW and it’s Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 3:00pm, please click the link below! We would love to tell you more about this position.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 217 337 565 548
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.