Interventional Radiology Technologist II - Tyler
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
Share This Job On
Interventional Radiology Technologist II - Tyler Job in Tyler
This individual is responsible for helping perform a variety of complex specialized tasks operating fluoroscopy, computed tomography, laser, and ultrasonography equipment during vascular and neuroradiology angiographic and interventional procedures. This individual is responsible for helping develop and implement systems to assure the smooth and efficient flow of patients for procedures in the Interventional labs. Duties for this position include but are not limited to: circulating and scrubbing roles during procedures, patient teaching, assisting with patient care within scope of practice, inventory management and schedule coordination. 1-3 years of experience, ARRT (R)(VI) is required. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organizations mission, values and culture.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Assists and provides diagnostic images for invasive procedures to include arteriography, insertions, perm catheter placement, stenting, dialysis dicots, thrombolytic procedures, angioplasty.
• Operates and manipulates the Special Procedures equipment and its component, assuring the patient's safety and comfort.
• Obtains optimum quality and accuracy of images.
• Assists the Radiologist/ Interventional Radiologist, performing as a scrub assistant during interventional procedures, some of more complex nature.
• Assists in scheduling patients for procedures ensuring all appropriate supplies, equipment, and previous films are readily available for the Interventional Radiologist before the procedure is performed.
• Collaborates with the physicians and nurses to assure all charges and codes are accurately recorded for each procedure performed.
• Operates a variety of fixed and portable radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment located throughout the hospital including surgical suites and intensive care units.
• Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the age specific and developmental needs of patients.
• Registered vascular interventional technologist is expected to work on call hours.
• Performs other duties as required
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent required
- 12 months training/experience in special procedures required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiology Required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Post-Primary Pathway in Vascular Interventional Radiography certificate required
- State licensure required
- Current BLS by American Heart Association required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.