CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Infrastructure Architect Job in San Antonio
The Enterprise Infrastructure Architect's role is to strategically plan and design server, storage, database and network infrastructures that support core organizational functions, assure high availability, and integrate numerous requirements into a common infrastructure. The enterprise infrastructure consists of multiple technical disciples such as LAN/WAN/Voice, Servers, virtualization, relational databases and data lifecycle management in enterprise data centers.
Provide infrastructure technical expertise and leadership across the organization; strategic decision making, and multi year improvement project planning and design; Evaluate and develop hardware and infrastructure standards and solutions. Coordinate and lead teams to resolve technical issues and provide cost effective solutions to meet project and operational requirements. Establish effective working relationships with a multi-discipline team; communicate effectively and explain technical information with both a technical and non-technical audience. Prepare cost estimates to design and construct enterprise infrastructure. Provide independent technical review, technical reports, system documentation, and performance metrics. Conduct operational studies to analyze infrastructure performance, and identify areas for improvements. Research and apply various infrastructure topologies. Prepare equipment specifications.
The position also works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role liaison between solution architects, enterprise architect and IM management, providing direction to other technical staff.
- Strategy & Planning -- Plans and coordinates the future state of the core infrastructure for CHRISTUS information management. Designs infrastructure solutions that meet the information system vision and strategy of the organization; plans, prioritizes, and manages projects, service requests, and routine assignments.
- System Engineering - Analyzes infrastructure configurations for critical corporate resources; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of the network; addresses all aspects including hardware, software, outside services, etc. and prevents unplanned disruptions of critical systems.
- Architecture -- Ensures that infrastructure architectures are flexible and support the business needs by maintaining an understanding of business strategies and infrastructure capabilities. Work ranges from conceptual to strategic and includes integrating current architectures and initiatives as well as initiating and overseeing the deployment of new information technology architecture projects.
- Infrastructure Design-- Assurance of all infrastructure systems integrates with IM vision. Allowing for flexible computing systems at all component layers: Servers, Network and Storage layers. Planning of modularity in infrastructure design is which allows infrastructure systems to be replicated as the network grows. As each element in the infrastructure design requires change, the Enterprise Infrastructure Architect will develop the cost and complexity of making the upgrade of the overall infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Performance Modeling-- Establishment of standards for the CHRISTUS infrastructure based on technical requirements driven by the business need. Provide optimization for service delivery and replication of data where needed. Documents acceptable thresholds for CHRSITUS infrastructure components and target objective standards.
- Infrastructure Capacity Planning-- Working with other IM technical and business teams; the enterprise infrastructure architect will review current loads and plan appropriate just in time capacity demands. Assist in the creation of Service Level agreements and other related documentation
- Training & Certification - Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in internetworking technologies including but not limited to vendor certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field required
- Extensive technical knowledge of Server/Virtualization, Storage Area Networks (SAN), Networks components (LAN/WAN) to include:
- Enterprise experience designing and implementing enterprise large scale server platforms using physical servers or virtualization for at least 5 years
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures
- Demonstrated ability for performing infrastructure management and documentation using industry standard management and documentation tools
- Enterprise experience in storage area network concepts, design and/or implementation
- Enterprise knowledge of network security concepts and technologies
- Large scale Data Center experience managing systems and facilities
- Incumbents have solid technical and organizational skills, participate in IT strategic planning. In addition, incumbents have a team orientation and are focused, at all times, on improving business operations.
- Conceptual understanding of complex enterprise network environments. Excellent analytical, creativity, and problem solving ability. Strong interpersonal and technical
- Incumbents in this job family have a considerable understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms: Windows, Novell, Unix, Linux and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.A total of Ten (10) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Management systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of 6 -- 8 years of experience in infrastructure engineering, design, consulting, implementation and support of large scale enterprise architecture.
- Prior experience in a health care systems environment is a plus.
- Two or more of the following certifications required:
- Microsoft MCSE, CCIE, EMC/HP Storage; Oracle
- ITIL Practitioner
- Six Sigma
- At least one of the following certifications required:
- OS Engineer (Microsoft, UNIX or Linux, Vmware)