8AM - 5PM
Information Technology Tier 3 Analyst II
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Information Technology Center
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Information Technology Tier 3 Analyst II Job in San Antonio
The Service Management (SM) Analyst II for Bus-Fin-HR provides 24/7 support for all business, finance and HR systems with an advanced understanding of the HCIS and third party financial modules including functionality, system design, technical architecture, testing, workflow, modification, routine and non-routine processing, and HCIS structure.. This position will also be called upon to participate in project implementation responsibilities including collaborating with customers, contributing to the design, analysis, testing, and documentation and implementation of medium to high complexity activities of assigned software. The SM Analyst II provides response and resolution to application problems and requests for change for HR, financial and business applications as outlined in the CHRISTUS Configuration Management Database. Support responsibilities include response and resolution of medium to high complexity problems and requests for change for a large portfolio of HR, financial and business applications within a large, multi-regional Healthcare System. This position works in a team setting, creating and sharing information and assisting other junior level team members while providing quality support to both internal and external users with a focus on customer service and timeliness. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to implement medium to high complexity assigned application with minimal guidance.
- Responsible for thorough documentation and analysis within service management application and knowledge database to document analytical processes, troubleshooting procedures and resolution of frequent incidents to enhance quality of problem resolutions for future incidents.
- Provide effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times. Acknowledge customers timely in order to determine their need and help the customer resolve the issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance as required.
- Demonstrates increasing technical knowledge of the assigned applications including relationships of infrastructure and impact to user if unavailable.
- Collaborates with Technical Team to identify any infrastructure related issues that have resulted in application issues.
- Responsible for providing the technical skills and business knowledge necessary for continuous technological innovation, creative use and on-going support of the assigned systems and technologies.
- Responsible for understanding the business and operational capabilities of the information technology that he/she works with.
- Provides support to senior analysts with code changes and appropriate vendor related to clinical application issues.
- Provides/coordinates response and resolution of issues while recommending procedures and controls for incident prevention, escalation, etc.
- Aggressively manages personal workload related to open issues to ensure agreed upon SLA’s are met.
- Assist users with optimizing the use of assigned applications through dictionary or table changes.
- Set priorities, plans and manages a diverse set of tasks.
- Provides effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times.
- Responsible for post-implementation support of applications and strategies that will further the organization’s business and healthcare delivery success.
- Required to work outside of normal working hours during on-call rotation or during significant outages using personal mobile device.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the assigned applications. Perform the debugging, testing and support of applications during the implementation life cycle.
- Demonstrates strong communication and human relationship skills, while maintaining and demonstrating good teamwork through actions and job performance.
- With supervision, define boundaries, set priorities, plan and manage multiple performance improvement initiatives.With guidance develop detailed schedules for all assigned initiatives, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
- Produce required department reporting associated with projects and problems assigned.
- Ensure that the systems used are in line with the customers’ needs. He/she must maintain contact with vendors and the appropriate levels of departmental, corporate and user management, to exchange information and ensure the proper adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Follows the outlined Service Management Processes including issue/request SLA and SEV1 and 2 application outages.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned courses within Healthstream, other electronic tracking tools for educational related material and attend presentations in person as assigned. Ensuring the services that he/she provides contribute to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the department
- Assist in preparation and conducting of continuing formal or informal training session for users and co-workers
- Assist customers with optimizing the use of assigned application and specific project-driven tasks with guidance or assistance from Clinical Analyst II or III.
- May be required to travel to perform duties.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 or more years of related experience in software analysis or troubleshooting.
Possess an understanding of and/or experience in the following:
Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
Patience, strong customer service skills
Six (6) years of experience within an information technology system discipline, two (2) years of which are in a healthcare or business, financial or HR information technology system discipline.
Relevant Bachelor degree may substitute for relevant years of experience.