Information Technology Engineer II
CHRISTUS System Office
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Information Technology Center
Share This Job On
Apply Now Information Technology Engineer II Job in San Antonio
The Enterprise Network Engineer II - (ENE II) is a strategic position providing the highest level of technical skill and expertise in Network Engineering as well as a tactical position involved with the execution of Networking operations. The ENE II provides expert level of technical skill and expertise in the area of managing and maintaining data and voice networks. This position has extensive technical knowledge and experience in operational maintenance, availability, capacity planning, and monitoring of critical Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Access Networks and Network Forensics. Additionally, this position mentors the ENE I position and is responsible to review plans/designs for existing and new network installations and project work.
The ENE II is an enterprise network expert which is responsible for design and support for core CHRISTUS enterprise networks ensuring operational effectiveness and security safeguards.
Day to day activities include network provisioning, performance tuning, adding networks, scripting for automating of tasks, assigning ports, error tracking, data movement, software configurations, product evaluation, and addressing interoperability issues as well as mentoring the ENE I staff. The position also works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role of third level support for network technologies, escalation support for the rest of the team, and provide training and direction to other technical staff that perform the bulk of the first and second level support tasks.
- Strategy & Planning – Plans and coordinates the future state of the LAN/WAN networks for CHRISTUS information management. Designs network solutions that meet the information system vision and strategy of the organization; plans, prioritizes, and manages projects, service requests, and routine assignments.
- System Engineering - Analyzes WAN network configurations for critical corporate resources; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of the network; addresses all aspects including hardware, software, outside services, etc. and prevents unplanned disruptions of critical systems.
- Network Forensics – Captures, recording, and analysis of network events in order to discover the source of security attacks or other problem incidents using security best practices through unique protocol analysis real-time network data capture, advanced visualization, pattern and content analysis, and on-demand incident playback. Analyze network data for advance problem identification and vulnerability management.
- System Management– Designs, implements, and oversees a proactive process to collect and report data and statistics on the internetworking environment; ensures the systems operate efficiently and meet the needs of the organization; ensures they are kept at most current stable version/release using vendor-supplied updates and patches; performs research and testing to verify impact of installing all updates; coordinates vendor support and ensures relationship is never jeopardized; monitors performance of all assigned systems, responds to reports of slow or erratic performance; control of all aspects of the network; provides training to IM associates and clients as needed
- Training & Certification - Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in internetworking technologies including but not limited to vendor certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (8 years) require
Extensive technical knowledge of Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Access Networks to include:
- Experience designing and implementing converged networks including the following technologies: SD-WAN, WAN Optimization, WCCP, VXLAN Overlays, and Wireless.
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using technologies such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, BFD, Policy-Based Routing, Route Redistribution, and SD-WAN.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN enterprise networks.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPsec, Multicast and load balancing techniques are also essential.
- Expert knowledge of Quality of Service, IPsec, Multicast, Infoblox DNS/DHCP/IPAM
- Expert knowledge of network security concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms: Windows, Novell, Unix, Linux and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.
- Experience with the following platforms is desired:
- Cisco Catalyst 9K, ISR/ASR, Nexus
- Cisco ASA/FTD firewalls
- Citrix Netscaler Load Balancers
- VMware NSX overlays and routing integration (eBGP)
- General Network Forensics, Packet Analyzers
- Cisco and Aruba Wireless
- Cisco ISE and Aruba Clearpass
- A total of eight (8) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Management systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of (8) years of experience in network engineering, design, implementation and support of large scale LAN and WANs.
- Prior experience in a health care systems environment is a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications desired:
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP
- Aruba ACSA, ACSP