Information Technology Engineer II
CHRISTUS System Office
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Information Technology Center
Share This Job On
Apply Now Information Technology Engineer II Job in San Antonio
The Information Technology Engineer II is a strategic position providing the highest level of technical skill and expertise in Server Engineering as well as a tactical position involved with the execution of Server operations. The Information Technology Engineer II is responsible for developing and maintaining the enterprise architecture, perform analyses and make recommendations relating to technical, systems and process solution architectures, migration strategies, and IT investment strategies. Responsibilities include managing technology and data architectures, developing data administration and project management standards, defining the enterprise architecture, best practices and ensuring availability and quality of information of all enterprise systems. The Information Technology Engineer II will provide a framework for stabilizing IT solutions across the enterprise to achieve economies of scale along with reduced, predictable costs for those services and more responsive support for business development.
Day to day activities include, analysis, design, development, implementation, support and documentation functions for hardware and applications utilized within the Microsoft environment to include all aspects of system monitoring, system administration, performance tuning, documentation, installation and troubleshooting any issues related to the above technologies. The position also works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role of third level support for storage technologies, providing training and direction to other technical staff that perform the bulk of the first and second level support tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (8 years) required.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Access Networks to include:
- Experience designing and implementing converged networks including the following technologies: SD-WAN, WAN Optimization, WCCP, VXLAN Overlays, and Wireless.
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using technologies such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, BFD, Policy-Based Routing, Route Redistribution, and SD-WAN.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN enterprise networks.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPsec, Multicast and load balancing techniques are also essential.
- Expert knowledge of Quality of Service, IPsec, Multicast, Infoblox DNS/DHCP/IPAM Expert knowledge of network security concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms: Windows, Novell, Unix, Linux and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.
- Experience with the following platforms is desired:
- Cisco Catalyst 9K, ISR/ASR, Nexus
- Cisco ASA/FTD firewalls
- Citrix Netscaler Load Balancers
- VMware NSX overlays and routing integration (eBGP)
- General Network Forensics, Packet Analyzers
- Cisco and Aruba Wireless
- Cisco ISE and Aruba Clearpass
- A total of eight (8) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Management systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of (8) years of experience in network engineering, design, implementation and support of large scale LAN and WANs.
- Prior experience in a health care systems environment is a plus.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- One or more of the following certifications desired:
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP
- Aruba ACSA, ACSP