Information Technology Engineer I
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Information Technology Center
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Information Technology Engineer I Job in San Antonio
The Enterprise Network Engineer I – (ENE I)is a strategic position providing advanced level of technical skill and expertise in Network Engineering as well as a tactical position involved with the execution of Networking operations. The ENE I provides an advanced level of technical skill and expertise in the area of managing and maintaining data and voice networks. This position has extensive technical knowledge and experience in operational maintenance, availability, capacity planning, and monitoring of critical Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and other network related environments.
The ENE I is responsible for systems integration, design and tier III technical support for network systems and technology platforms.
Day to day activities include network provisioning, performance tuning, adding networks, scripting for automating of tasks, assigning ports, error tracking, data movement, software configurations, product evaluation, and addressing interoperability issues. The position also works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role of third level support for network technologies, providing training and direction to other technical staff that perform the bulk of the first and second level support tasks.
- Plans and coordinates the future state of the networks for CHRISTUS information management. Designs network solutions that meet the information system vision and strategy of the organization; plans, prioritizes, and manages projects, service requests, and routine assignments.
- Analyzes network configurations for critical corporate resources; evaluates changes and additions for proposed system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to integration, operations, cost, resource requirements, and maintenance; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of the network; addresses all aspects including hardware, software, outside services, etc. and prevents unplanned disruptions of critical systems.
- Integrates network components, subsystems, and facilities into the existing technical environment; assesses network systems availability, bandwidth, and throughput; installs, configures, and verifies the operation of network components; maintains or improves integration and operation of systems relative to the overall environment; leads or participates as team member in cross-system projects.
- Designs, implements, and oversees a proactive process to collect and report data and statistics on the internetworking environment; ensures the systems operate efficiently and meet the needs of the organization; ensures they are kept at most current stable version/release using vendor-supplied updates and patches; performs research and testing to verify impact of installing all updates; coordinates vendor support and ensures relationship is never jeopardized; monitors performance of all assigned systems, responds to reports of slow or erratic performance; control of all aspects of the network; provides training to IM associates and clients as needed
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in internetworking technologies including but not limited to vendor certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced level experience with multiple routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP, iBGP, OSPF, and Multicast
- Advanced knowledge of network LAN redundancy. Plans, Designs and supports a highly redundant networks using various technologies and multiple layers of redundancy including logical and physical configurations.
- Cisco routers/switches including the following series: NEXUS-OS, 9K
- Cisco Firewalls (PIX and ASA)and Cisco VPN Concentrators
- Expert knowledge and experience with Cisco and Arista router, switching, firewall and data center technologies
- Expert knowledge and experience with Load Balancers, traffic optimizers, software-defined applications, and content filters.
- Expert knowledge and experience with managing, Implementing, and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless technologies.
- Develops and documents process and procedures
- Must be able to create logical and physical diagrams
- Maintains a working knowledge supporting Avaya voice systems
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms: Windows, Novell, Unix, Linux and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.
Helps develop and drives efforts to provide assessments of new technical networking systems to help improve performance and resiliency
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (8 years) required.
- Minimum of (5) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of networks and technologies required
- Prior experience in a health care systems environment is a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications required:
- Cisco current CCNA/CCNP/CCDP certification desired.