8AM - 5PM
Information Technology Data Analyst Senior
CHRISTUS System Office
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Apply Now Information Technology Data Analyst Senior Job in Irving
The IT Data Analyst Senior is responsible conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, design, documentation, testing and validation to support the implementation of data and analytics solutions. Data Analyst must have expertise in methodology, design, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring, and support standards leading to development of data and analytics solutions. Generates quality reports and is responsible for the maintenance of internally-reported dashboards of performance. This position requires an individual with attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively across the organization, the ability to take and give direction, good data analysis skills that are applicable to the data element and project and an understanding of basic quality improvement concepts. Individual will be resource for others across the organization for data mining, metric definition clarification, and database development. Must function with a high degree of independence and accuracy. SQL querying experience in a range of databases such as transactional, analytical, columnar and massively parallel processing is required. Experience in data mining using advanced SQL or Business Intelligence tools is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field preferred.
- Advanced level of SQL programming for data analysis is required.
- Advanced level of SQL programming for data consumption is required.
- Data analysis with large datasets on Big Data Databases (such as Hadoop/Hive/Impala) is required.
- Experience in integrating and cleansing data from source systems is preferred.
- Experience using BI Tools (i.e. Power BI, IBM Cognos, Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy) is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence and analytics landscape, preferable in large-scale development environments.
- Must have communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management (including executive levels).
- Must have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Must be able to interact effectively and patiently with customers especially while under pressure.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines for self and others as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience in SQL programming in platforms with large data assets within an OLTP, OLAP and MPP architecture.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience with writing and debugging complex SQL queries.
- A minimum Eight (8) years IT experience in technical analysis or design and implementation.
- Four (4) years of experience with large datasets on ODS or Datawarehouse systems (such as MS SQL Server, Postgres SQL, Hadoop/Hive/Impala).
- Four (4) years Healthcare IT experience preferred.
- Certifications in SQL, BI Tools, SAS, Hadoop or Agile Scrum are a plus.