5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Information Technology Architect Senior
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Information Technology Center
Share This Job On
Information Technology Architect Senior Job in San Antonio
The IT Architect Senior is responsible for design of IT systems including system infrastructure, system security, application architecture, software and data life cycle management. Provides enterprise architectural framework for the design, development, and deployment of information/business systems. Proactively drives the prioritization of key technology enablers for achieving enterprise level system objectives while ensuring scalability, reliability, and availability of implemented systems. Provides leadership and expertise to evaluate planned platform growth, increasingly demanding enterprise service level requirements in order to identify, design, and implement technology solutions that exceed expectations.
This role requires excellent collaboration and communication skills to translate complex requirements into functional architecture.
- Assists in the development of the information system vision and strategy of the organization; assists in the development, implementation, communication, and promotion of strategic and tactical plans
- Researches and participates in beta testing of new systems and technologies in order to better evaluate their suitability to the CHRISTUS environment
- Evaluates proposed system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost, resource requirements, operations, and maintenance; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of assigned systems; addresses all aspects of assigned systems, including hardware, software, outside services, etc.; considers cost-effectiveness, budget, and other resource issues in addition to technical issues; develops and implements standards and procedures for multiple areas of technology
- Participates in development of enterprise standards, design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems; performs research and testing to verify impact and advisability of system installations; assists in development vendor support relationships
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in various areas of information technology
- Responsible for infrastructure design, performance modeling and capacity planning.
- Independently provides guidance and leadership on architecture design initiatives.
- Demonstrates ability to lead team through complex system design and implementation initiatives.
- Ensures architectures are flexible and support the business needs by maintaining an understanding of business strategies and infrastructure capabilities.
- Works with various technical resources across the team to facilitate the development of technical standards.
- Possesses communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management, including executive levels.
- Participates in requirements gathering, discovery, and interfacing with technical and business teams - establishing credibility in terms of experience, presentation and leadership of solutions development.
- Evaluates proposed new systems, system changes and additions, provides oversight into the decision process.
- Quickly and decisively acts in fast changing, unpredictable situations, shows tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations, is exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities, proactively plans projects and tasks within application.
- Applies advanced level understanding of assigned clinical/business operations, processes, and workflows. Discusses, and identifies dependencies with project team members and stakeholders. Maintains collaborative customer relationships; Ensures the needs of the customer are fully represented in all updates.
- Reviews and provides feedback on documentation written by others. Articulates issues and complex concepts in appropriate manner based on the audience.
- Possesses the skill to develop strong and positive relationships with management at all levels.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of business strategies understanding, applies expertise to help meet customer goals and outcomes. Tackles new problems using experimentation, including successes and failure experiences. Creative problem solving beyond standard recommendations and practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- TOGAF certification
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience in large corporate systems environments working with complex IT systems.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of hands-on experience in infrastructure engineering, software development, system administration, system architecture, application architecture or data system architecture.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of hands-on experience with system or application performance modeling and tuning.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.