8AM - 5PM
Information Technology Architect II
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Information Technology Architect II Job in Irving
Information Technology Architect II is a technical planning resource within the organization, and fulfills a coordination and leadership role in the development of technical strategies and solutions as related to Database, Data Model & ETL (Extract, Transform & Load). Also has extensive technical knowledge and experience in multiple core technology areas and integration, along with strong planning and analytical skills. The Data Warehouse Architect is responsible for data warehouse architecture and design and development of data model & ETL requiring multiple technologies. Also works as part of cross-functional teams that deal with the full spectrum of information management technology. Individual must have a good working knowledge of different types of philosophies when it comes to design and development of data warehouse architecture, design and development of complex ETL and design and development of logical & physical data model using Kimball methodology of start schema. The Data Warehouse Architect must have proven competency in the following areas: working with large multi terabytes of data warehouse, performance tuning of database & SQL queries, designing & developing complex ETL packages. Works with various technical resources across the team to facilitate the development of technical standards. Must have the communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management, including executive levels. The Data Warehouse Architect participates in requirements gathering, discovery, and interfacing with technical and business teams – establishing credibility in terms of experience, presentation and leadership of solutions development. The Data Warehouse Architect evaluates proposed new systems and system changes and additions, provides oversight into the decision process, and participates in project implementation.
- Assists in the development of the information system vision and strategy of the organization; assists in the development, implementation, communication, and promotion of strategic and tactical plans
- Researches and participates in beta testing of new systems and technologies in order to better evaluate their suitability to the CHRISTUS environment.
- Evaluates proposed system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost, resource requirements, operations, and maintenance; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of assigned systems; addresses all aspects of assigned systems, including hardware, software, outside services, etc.; considers cost-effectiveness, budget, and other resource issues in addition to technical issues; develops and implements standards and procedures for multiple areas of technology.
- Integrates system components, subsystems, facilities and services into the existing technical systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works with other IM associates to ensure a positive impact; installs, configures, and verifies the operation of system components; improves integration and operation of systems relative to the overall environment; participates as team member in cross-system projects.
- Participates in development of standards, design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems; performs research and testing to verify impact and advisability of system installations; assists in development vendor support relationships.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in various areas of information technology.
- Fulfills role as core member of IM team; adheres to all policies and procedures, especially those relating to Change Control, Problem Management, and Project Management; provides input to improve processes to ensure highest levels of service and availability of systems.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Architecture, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred, or four years of relevant experience required.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Healthcare Hospital systems, databases, networks, operating systems and Information Management “Best Practices”, including: local and wide area networking, network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; Interoperability, data storage and retrieval systems; system backup and recovery; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; video conferencing and telemedicine; server hardware, software, and administration.
- Project Management
- Technical and Analytical
- Problem solving
- Multi-tasking ability
- Time Management
- Five years of increasingly responsible Enterprise architecture experience in Healthcare Hospital systems environments with a wide variety of Information Services applications and technologies is required. Also requires specialized technical and procedural knowledge of system hardware/software, system administration, operations, problem identification/resolution, system documentation, and project management.
- Experience in of SDLC, Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Business process analysis and design, and service delivery, particularly with respect to the use of information, EMR, ERP and CRM systems
- Security model understanding and maintenance
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse environment with involvement in design and development of database solution in both traditional as well as columnar databases.
- Experience in data integration with ETL techniques and frameworks
- Experience in Big Data querying tools, such as Hive, Impala and Spark SQL