5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Infection Preventionist - Infection Control
Quality and Risk Management
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Infection Preventionist - Infection Control Job in Corpus Christi
Assumes responsibility for and provides guidance to the hospital-wide infection prevention control program. Serves as a resource on infection risk assessment, surveillance prevention and control strategies. Utilizes epidemiology principles to monitor the delivery of patient care and investigate potential outbreaks of infection. Maintains knowledge of external regulatory standards related to infection surveillance, prevention and control. Ensures policies and procedures meet regulation standards.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Demonstrates interest in field of infection control of epidemiology and OSHA standards.
- Must be familiar with identification of pathogens, antibiotic susceptibility testing, normal microbial flora of the human body and its distribution.
- Three years experience in hospital setting. Previous experience in the field of Infection Control and/or epidemiology preferred.
- Current Texas LVN or RN (BSN Preferred) licensure or Baccalaureate in Health Care related program required.
- APIC Basic Training and CBIC certification preferred.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.