Infection Preventionist-Infection Control
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital San Marcos
1301 Wonder World Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
Share This Job On
Apply Now Infection Preventionist-Infection Control Job in San Marcos
Assumes responsibility for and provides guidance to the hospital-wide infection prevention control program. Serves as a resource on infection risk assessment, surveillance prevention and control strategies. Utilizes epidemiology principles to monitor the delivery of patient care and investigate potential outbreaks of infection. Maintains knowledge of external regulatory standards related to infection surveillance, prevention and control. Ensures policies and procedures meet regulation standards.
• Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability
• Performs and documents physical surveillance of the environment on a routine and as needed basis
• Precise identification, calculation, and submission of epidemiological rates of hospital and community associated infections
• Effectively communicates with all pertinent stakeholders notification of changes; for education provision, partnership in initiatives, i.e.. administration, nursing, environmental services, plant ops, etc.
• Strategizes and assists with annual risk assessment, program, plans, annual goals, etc.
• to meet Facility, Regional, Corporate, and regulatory requirements
• Represents the Facility, the Region, the Corporation, and the Infection Prevention and Control Department in facility specific committees and system committees and regulatory surveys through active participation, preparedness, and critical thinking