Imaging Administrators Job in Longview
The Imaging Administrator will work to ensure efficient and effective operations for a variety of departments that produce medical images. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining various imaging applications as applicable to multiple service lines (radiology, cardiology, etc.). This includes the design, development, coordination and delivery of value added services that support and enhance solutions that retrieve, analyze, enhance and exchange digitized medical images. The Imaging Administrator will act as a liaison in all medical imaging initiatives. They will participate in overseeing and coordinating existing and new imaging related initiatives. This position will provide support to end users. This position is exempt.
- Serves as a key onsite IT resource for implementation and support of medical imaging applications at a facility.
- Administers and supports PACS, CVIS PACS, MFM PACS as well as advanced imaging applications, interfaces, and storage architecture(s) and related technologies (e.g., voice recognition).
- Provides second level support as a local medical imaging subject matter expert to resolve incidents or fulfill requests; provides status on user issues.
- Performs medical imaging application maintenance and testing.
- Provides input to division policies and procedures, and training documentation for medical imaging applications and processes.
- Collaborates in Imaging Team’s development of standard medical imaging education & documentation.
- Delivers hands-on training for medical imaging applications.
- Reviews and provides input to Information Security plans regarding medical imaging security requirements to meet HIPAA requirements on medical imaging applications.
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Responsible for the continued monitoring of the overall health of the imaging system(s)
- Works closely with department directors/managers to ensure timely and complete capture of digital image data into the medical imaging software application(s), as well as network transmission
- Assists with development and utilization of operating standards, policies, procedures, and industry best practices related to medical imaging. Compiles and analyzes support data and recommends procedural and educational changes as appropriate.
- Acts as liaison between departments on medical imaging initiatives and procedures, assisting with new medical imaging endeavors both invasive and non-invasive
- Utilizes basic concepts, standards and tools relating to database administration
- Able to read, analyze and interpret complex documents; able to identify/interpret technical requirements/specifications
- Ability to explain imaging technology concepts/requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
- Works effectively on concurrent multidisciplinary initiatives
- Able to convey information effectively in verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well with all clinical disciplines and staff of all CHRISTUS facilities
- Participates in a rotating on-call schedule with other CHRISTUS ministries
- Documents support cases in appropriate IT Service Management (ITSM) for pattern tracking
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare or IT strongly preferred or 4 years of experience in PACS administration in lieu of a degree
- Must have two years of related healthcare experience
- Medical Imaging experience required
- Valid Driver’s License
- CIIP, PARCA, ARRT, RDMS, or CNMT preferred