Histology Assistant - Tyler Job in Tyler
Performs daily duties for pathologists and histology technicians including accessioning specimens, grossing procedures, cassette preparation, and other computer-related tasks.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Assigns accession numbers to each surgical, cytological, and autopsy specimen received; checks specimens for adequate fixative and patient identification; accessions all specimens through the LIS
- Maintains paraffin block and microscope slide files by filing all surgical, autopsy, bone marrow, and cytology blocks and slides within the section file cabinets; stores old paraffin blocks and microscopic slides in the designated storage area
- Assists the pathologists with the grossing of surgical specimens, autopsies, and fine needle aspirate biopsies when required, including patient and procedure preparation, assisting with the aspiration, preparing and staining slides, and processing specimens in accordance with established protocols
- Prepares fixatives, staining solutions, mounting media, and decalcifying solutions, at the request of the pathologist, using accepted standard techniques; reviews the quality of stains and troubleshoots procedures as needed
- Performs specimen searches and retrieval of slides and blocks in storage to assist in the establishment of diagnosis
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
We now have RECRUITER ON DEMAND to enhance your candidate experience.
If you want to talk to a recruiter NOW and it’s Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 3:00pm, please click the link below! We would love to tell you more about this position.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 217 337 565 548
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.