5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
HIM Coder - Business Office
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
HIM Coder - Business Office Job in San Antonio
Under general supervision, abstracts and codes patient records in compliance with coding, billing and data collection guidelines of the organization. Typically, responsible for moderately complex coding. Is able to work independently with limited oversight. May require direction from manager or more senior co-workers on more complex cases. Also responsible for compiling and maintaining records of charges for goods and services rendered by all Baylor College of Medicine Provider Billing and ensures accurate and efficient charge entry into Athena.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
- Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA) or Technician (RHIT)
- Graduate of an approved college program for Health Information Management or graduate of the American Medical Record Association's Independent Study Course for Medical Record Technicians; Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); or Certified Profess Coder (CPC)
- If not certified must be eligible to take one of the above-mentioned exams and must obtain credentials/certifications within 12 months of hiring date.
- College courses or experience in accounts dealing with medical terminology and anatomy and physiology.
- Three (3) years previous acute hospital inpatient and/or outpatient, physician office coding experience required.
- Must possess a good background in medical terminology and anatomy and physiology as the fundamentals of medical science. Must be knowledgeable of the application of the International Classification of Diseases and Operations, Tenth Revision, (ICD 10), and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) and Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC).
- Must be familiar with other functions in Medical Records and how they relate to the Coding function.
- Must have one of the following:
- Registered Health Information Management Technician (RHIT).
- Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA).
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Profess Coder (CPC).